New Nokia Lumia smartphones bring high-end imaging capabilities to more accessible price points
New Lumia 830, 730 Dual SIM and 735 smartphones offer industry-leading camera technology and software in a slim, colorful package.
BERLIN — Sept. 4, 2014 — Microsoft Corp. announced on Thursday the Nokia Lumia 830, Lumia 735 and Lumia 730 Dual SIM smartphones running the latest Windows Phone 8.1 operating system, bringing industry-leading imaging technology to more affordable price levels. Microsoft also announced two new accessories that provide innovative ways for people to interact with their phones, plus the Lumia Denim update, which brings extra features and enhancements to existing Lumia smartphones.
- With a slim design, the Lumia 830 is an affordable flagship that delivers high-end innovations such as optical image stabilization and PureView imaging to more people.
- Offering wide-angle, front-facing cameras; an attractive price tag; and slim, compact style, the Lumia 730 Dual SIM and Lumia 735 are built for Skype calls and selfies.
- Existing Lumia smartphones continue to get even better with the Lumia Denim update, which combines great new features from the latest Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 with exclusive enhancements such as Lumia Camera, which brings high-quality images at the fastest speeds.
“Our strategy is to help people do more with stunning products that unite and showcase the best of Microsoft’s digital work and life experiences,” said Chris Weber, corporate vice president of Mobile Devices Sales at Microsoft. “The Lumia 830, Lumia 735 and Lumia 730 Dual SIM combine popular Microsoft services such as Skype, Microsoft Office and OneDrive with amazing Lumia innovations in design and imaging to bring experiences that people value, at prices they can afford.”
Lumia 830: The affordable flagship
The Lumia 830 offers the best of Lumia and the latest from Microsoft in a pocket-friendly design and price.
- The Lumia 830 captures high-quality images and videos, day or night, with a 10-megapixel PureView camera with ZEISS optics, Rich Recording and the thinnest optical image stabilization system to date on a Lumia.
- It delivers the best of Microsoft with pre-loaded Microsoft Office Mobile; the latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim; and OneDrive with 15 GB of free storage, allowing content to be synced and shared easily.
- It comes with flagship Lumia innovations such as integrated wireless charging in a sleek and light aluminum and polycarbonate design.
Lumia 830 will begin rolling out globally this month, priced around 330 euros before taxes and subsidies.
Lumia 730 Dual SIM and Lumia 735: Built for Skype and selfies
With wide-angle, front-facing cameras and a slim, pocketable style, the Lumia 730 Dual SIM and Lumia 735 let people easily capture and share more.
- The front-facing, wide-angle, 5-megapixel camera is great for Skype video calls, letting people share more of the world around them or bring more family and friends into a call.
- With an offer for a free, three-month Skype Worldwide Unlimited subscription, it’s easier than ever to have an international voice call with friends and family on their mobile and landline phones, right from the Lumia 730 or Lumia 735.
- Plus, with the integration of one-tap Skype video call access during voice calls,1 people have even more ways to share their stories, no matter where they are.
Lumia 730 Dual SIM and Lumia 735 will also begin rolling out globally this month, featuring a 2220 mAh battery, 8 GB of internal storage and 15 GB of free OneDrive storage. The Lumia 730 Dual SIM will be priced around 199 euros before taxes and subsidies, while the Lumia 735 with LTE/4G and wireless charging support will be priced around 219 euros before taxes and subsidies.
New accessories to complement Lumia smartphones
Microsoft Devices Group on Thursday also announced two new additions to the innovative Lumia accessories line:
- The second-generation smart Wireless Charging Plate DT-903 makes the most convenient way to charge even better by intelligently alerting people when to charge and highlighting notifications with a subtle glow.
- The Microsoft Screen-Sharing for Lumia Phones HD-10 lets people beam any content from their smartphone to an HDMI-enabled screen, easily and without content restrictions. It is good for reliving memories with friends and family or sharing presentations at work.
Lumia continues to get even better with the Lumia Denim update
Lumia Denim combines the latest Windows Phone 8.1 update with exclusive experiences for Lumia smartphones. Lumia Denim also cements Microsoft’s leadership in imaging with the introduction of unique innovations in Lumia Camera that make the camera work faster and more intuitively. Coming as part of the Lumia Denim update to Lumia 930, Lumia Icon and Lumia 1520, Lumia Camera offers the following:
- Speed. Never miss a moment with Lumia Camera and its fast camera startup and capture speeds. Take numerous photos with just milliseconds between shots.
- High definition. Using Moment Capture, a long press of the camera button within the app automatically starts 4K-quality video recording at 30 frames per second. Each frame is of high image quality at 8.3 megapixels, allowing every single video frame to be selected and saved as a still image.
- Intuitiveness. Get the best shot every time with Rich Capture, which simplifies picture-taking with auto HDR and Dynamic Flash. With Rich Capture, people can avoid the hassle of adjusting camera settings; they can shoot first and edit and select the perfect shot later.
- Quality. Capture high-quality smartphone images in low light with the latest-generation imaging algorithms.
Lumia Camera will initially roll out as an update with Lumia Denim for Lumia 930, Lumia Icon and Lumia 1520 and as an over-the-air update for Lumia 830 in Q4 2014. Lumia Denim will roll out as an over-the-air update to all the other Lumia Windows Phone 8 smartphones, following partner testing and approvals.
Lumia 930 now available in the Philippines
The latest innovation beautifully integrates the best of Microsoft and Lumia
Microsoft today announced the availability of the Lumia 930 with Windows Phone 8.1 in the Philippines, a device which integrates the best of Microsoft and Lumia to deliver the ultimate video and imaging experience on a smartphone.
Lumia 930 packs a rich suite of differentiating applications and services into a beautifully crafted design with metallic details and vibrant new colors, while keeping content like photos, videos and documents in sync across Windows Phone, PC, and tablet devices.
- The crystal clear 5-inch Full HD OLED display lets you watch your favourite shows, movies or video clips in any condition, and thanks to a 2420 mAh battery and built-in wireless charging, there is no need to worry about running out of battery.
- An advanced 20MP PureView camera with optical image stabilization and high quality ZEISS optics makes capturing and reliving amazing images and videos fast and easy.
- With the enhanced Nokia Camera with Living Images, it’s easy to add movement and emotion to static pictures, while imaging apps such as Nokia Storyteller, Nokia Creative Studio and Nokia Refocus bring even more levels of creativity to any photo.
- With four high-performance microphones and Rich Recording, Lumia 930 captures HD video like never before, with incredible directional audio and support for surround sound capture and playback.
- A 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor makes activities like gaming, image capturing and video processing even faster and richer.
- The new SensorCore also brings low power motion sensing to help people track their activity all day without using up the large 2420 mAh battery – perfect for exercise and exploration using apps like Bing Health and Fitness.
- Integrated features including one swipe notifications from Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Nokia Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, all of which work seamlessly to make the Lumia 930 a great tool for work and play.
“In today’s social world, capturing and sharing video is more important than ever,” says Karel Holub, General Manager, Philippines, Microsoft Mobile Devices. “The Lumia 930 provides the perfect blend of Microsoft and Lumia to deliver cutting-edge imaging technology for an unrivalled video and imaging experience on a smartphone.”
“Our customers want to stay in the moment and capture detail-rich videos without having to compromise on image or sound quality. With beautifully integrated Microsoft and Lumia experiences, the Lumia 930 is a leading smartphone that will allow people to capture full HD video with astonishing details like never before. ” Holub added.
The Lumia 930 is expected to be available in the Philippines from July 25, 2014 and will be available for an SRP of PHP 29,990 in a range of colors including bright orange, black and white.